At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
• Supervise and direct Control Systems personnel assigned to the project team
• Works to resolve staff discipline problems, personality conflicts, poor work habits, etc. that affect the project and execution of the work; when resolution cannot be achieved by the Lead Engineer on the project task force the Discipline Manager is to be engaged
• Performs routine performance appraisals of personnel under his / her supervision
• Gain a full understanding of the project scope in order to coordinate and participate in the development of the Control Systems engineering and design effort-hour estimates
• Responsible for obtaining cost related information and developing scope of work documents for estimates
• Monitor the effort-hour budget, define and provide input on the staffing plan and schedule to ensure that project engineering and design objectives are met, and execution is within the approved budget
• Responsible for reporting on package status to the project manager and department manager and performing monthly or bi-weekly assessments of progress
• Responsible for tracking key material quantities maintaining a clear understanding and ownership of the impacts on the TIC (Total Installed Cost).
• Initiate PDNs (Project Deviation Notices i.e. change orders) that impact the Control Systems TIC budget, effort-hour budget and/or schedule
• Ensure that the technical content of all engineering / design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure specifications and inquiry/PO requisitions are appropriately reviewed and approved
• Monitor all engineering and design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good engineering practice
• Establish the computer based instrument list and I/O list; maintain the technical content through regular updates
• Coordinate and cooperate with the lead engineers of other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of all information on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements
• Conduct weekly status meetings with the Control Systems team to convey department news, assess and discuss project issues, coordinate/plan key milestone efforts, etc.
• Note: The Leads job responsibilities may include (on specific project(s) or programs) a requirement to supervise the Control Systems engineering / design team and the Electrical engineering / design team as one team (as a cost savings measure)
Training and Experience:
• BS or MS in engineering or related discipline; PE license or equivalent preferred
• 15 years of lead role or related experience on large capital projects, from project inception to startup
• Experience in oil & gas, refinery, petrochemical, and/or polymer plant design
• Current knowledge of EPC work processes , administrative practices as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required for each; business acumen for lump sum and cost plus projects
• Broad knowledge base in instrumentation, analytical systems, process automation, DCS/PLC/SIS systems, SIS Functional Safety and P&ID development
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Database Instrumentation tools experience preferred (SPI/Intools, ABE (Aspen Basic Engineering), Aveva, Comos, others).
Other Essential Functions:
• Keen safety awareness
• Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility
• May require travel to national and international jobsites and supplier locations
At Worley, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of OneWay workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Worley.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.