At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Summary:In this support role, the Director of Operations will interact with Field Services and Operations and Maintenance sites, clients, and engineering offices to ensure successful management of all Alaska operations and maintenance functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
The Director of Operations directs subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organizations objectives and schedules. This person will be responsible for establishing operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate units. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Establishes and administers centralized functional projects. Influences the development of objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational unit. Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Directs, develops, communicates, and implements the companys strategic goals
- Identifies market trends and applications for existing and new technologies
- Monitors and supports the pursuit of viable business opportunities
- Supplies resources and training necessary to assess, screen, and develop business opportunities and optimize utilization of resources
- Responsible for operation of offices that provide functional support services to business units to assure consistency of operations and implementation of the companys operating policies and principles.
- Recruits, manages, and develops the necessary professional, technical, and administrative staff personnel to provide support services
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external clients, and with engineering and matrix counterparts
- 10 years of project experience in the oil and gas industry; BS/MS in engineering preferred
- 5 years managerial experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels of the organization, be self-motivated, and demonstrate experience in building relationships and positively motivating teams to accomplish multiple objectives in the most efficient manner. Ability to operate and assist with software and database implementation, experience with construction and/or engineering automation software is a plus
- Commitment to safety
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.