At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the scope of work and deliverables associated with an Area or unit of the project
• Supervise and direct Control Systems Design personnel assigned to the project Area
• Works to resolve staff discipline problems, personality conflicts, poor work habits, etc. that affect the project and execution of the work; when resolution cannot be achieved by the Area Lead on the project task force the Project Lead and / or Discipline Manager is to be engaged
• Performs routine performance appraisals of personnel under his / her supervision
• Gain a full understanding of the Area scope in order to coordinate and participate in the development of the Control Systems engineering and design effort-hour estimates
• Responsible for developing scope of work documents for estimates
• Monitor the effort-hour budget, define and provide input on the staffing plan and schedule to ensure that project engineering and design objectives are met, and execution is within the approved budget
• Responsible for reporting on current Area status to the project lead designer, and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of progress
• Responsible for tracking key material quantities maintaining a clear understanding and ownership of the impacts on the TIC (Total Installed Cost).
• Responsible for developing project deliverables, and checking the output of other staff designers
• Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification
• Monitor assigned design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; insure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good design practice
• Maintain Area portions of the computer based instrument list and I/O list; maintain technical content through regular updates
• Coordinate and cooperate with the other disciplines as directed to ensure the smooth flow of all Control Systems design information on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements
• Participate in weekly status meetings with the Control Systems team to receive department news, assess and discuss project issues, coordinate/plan key milestone efforts, etc.
Training and Experience:
• 6 years of experience on medium sized or larger capital projects, from project inception to startup. AAS or better in engineering or related discipline reduces requirement by 1-2 years.
• Experience in oil & gas, refinery, petrochemical, and/or polymer plant design
• Current knowledge of EPC work processes, administrative practices as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required for each; business acumen for lump sum and cost plus projects
• Expanding knowledge base in DCS/PLC/SIS system wiring practices, instrumentation installations, analytical systems installations, instrument location plan development, and construction support.
• Excellent communication skills
• CADD Drafting skills (AutoCAD and/or Microstation)
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Database Instrumentation tool experience (SPI/Intools, REBIS, AVEVA, others) preferred.
Other Essential Functions:
• Keen safety awareness
• Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility
• May require travel to Client jobsite and supplier locations
• TWIC Card Required (Current)
At Worley, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of OneWay workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Worley.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.