Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material to construction project.
- Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots.
- Assembles and disassembles cranes.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings or tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment onto or off ships, railroad, cars or trucks.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing all safety rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- NCCER certified.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Coordinate the movements of hands and feet according to visual signals and directions. Limits to standards of accuracy.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Observe flat drawing or diagrams and understand how they would look as a solid object.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
If applicable to project, etc.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
Standing70%Walking30%Sitting0%Pushing40ft-lbPulling70ft-lbClimbingFBalancingFBending StoopingOKneelingOCrouchingOCrawlingOReachingCHandlingCFingeringCFeeling Vision HearingLifting (lbs) Carrying (lbs) <phone number removed> lb25-5040lb