Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc.
- Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
- Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
- May be required to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the supervisor of the defects or malfunctions.
- Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Capable of certifying on forklifts, ariel lifts and lulls.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
If applicable to the project, etc.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)