McDermottcurrently has an opening for a Project HSESManager. The Project HSES Manager is responsible for developing,implementing and/or administering Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee andpublic safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, andequipment and property protection.
- Provide technical support and ensure compliance with company and client HSE policies and procedures. Responsible for confirming workers are properly trained regarding company specific and OSHA requirements.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts project HSE audits and inspections in order to identify and assist in correcting unsafe and unhealthy work conditions or practices.
- Conduct compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed.
- Communicate results of audits and overall Health and Safety performance to management as necessary.
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Maintain documentation of all meetings, training, incidents and reports. Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required.
- Training responsibilities include but not limited to safety orientations, daily ‘toolbox’ safety meetings, periodic safety meetings and formal training sessions on a wide range of safety-related topics.
- Responsible for the enforcement of safety policies and procedures in the work place and proactive in ensuring proper behavioral practices are observed.
- Frequently perform safety inspections in locations including but not limited to job sites, offices and company vehicles.
- Observe working conditions, equipment and employee behaviors to identify safety problems and take corrective action, and ensure all safety equipment is properly maintained.
- Will lead and/or participate in occupational accident/illness investigations and root cause analysis.
- Ensure the project/location is in compliance with all safety-related regulatory requirements, including OSHA standards, Department of Transportation regulations and Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
- Ensure workers have proper safety credentials and personal protective equipment.
- Verify there are no violations in the workplace and comply with all reporting requirements.
- Possibly Supervises HSE Technicians, Specialist and/or Supervisors, and manages their performance through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
- Supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area.
- Resolves standard and non-standard problems.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Interprets customer needs, assess requirements and make recommendations. Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives.
- Coordinates resources to meet short-term objectives. Performs additional duties as required.
- Requires a B.S. degree in the HSE or closely related field. Shall possess a professional certification in a Health and Safety discipline (CIH, CET, CHMM, CSP, PE) or in pursuit of such certification.
McDermott is a premier,fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutionsto the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trustedMcDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technologysolutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oiland gas into the products the world needs today.