The principal administrative assistant will report to the VP of Finance, and will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
The principal administrative assistant will interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, under occasional pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making, ability to multitask and attention to detail are important in this position.
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal executives and assistants, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Arrange domestic and international travel schedule and reservations as needed, including expense reimbursement
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive and department
- Must be efficient at utilizing computer-based tools to accomplish tasks and communicate with others
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting responsibilities
- Bachelors degree in business administration or related experience.
- Five to seven years experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant supporting upper level management with similar responsibilities and accountabilities in a corporate environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve and meet deadlines and goals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must
- Good business acumen
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently but within strategic framework
- Can handle many projects/assignments at the same time
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.