Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor located in Pasadena, Texas through 5/29/19 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to
- Ensures continuous reinforcement of health, safety, environmental values, Chevron Way behaviors and performance to maintain Incident Free Operation.
- Applies the Chevron Tenets of Operation to planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance activities.
- Supports and enforces management objectives, directives and guidelines during daily interaction within the contractual limits of a represented workforce.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Operators, Maintenance, Construction Contractors, and Management to complete work Incident and Injury free, on time and on budget.
- Performs special assignments on plant turnarounds and capital projects.
- Supports updating of standards and procedures. Makes recommendations for the improvement of maintenance practices, use of materials and inspection techniques.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for routine maintenance planning, scheduling and execution.
- Maintenance Supervisor / Company Representative responsibilities include coordinating, directing, and executing maintenance activities. Provides work direction for both hourly mechanics and contractor supervision in the execution of maintenance activities. Resolves daily problems with planning, scheduling, safety, manpower and equipment issues in the execution of maintenance.
- Planner responsibilities include reviewing work requests, making initial investigations, and working with Operations on job prioritization. Estimates resource requirements, determines project task durations and material requirements. Evaluates hazards, safety concerns and specialty equipment needed to execute maintenance work.
- Scheduler responsibilities include building schedules for routine, project or turnaround activities based on the refinery operating demands, the criticality of the equipment or system, the assigned priority of the work and the required completion or regulatory compliance date. Ensures that materials and other needed items are present at job locations. Utilizes either Maximo or Primavera as a scheduling tool.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years refinery experience.
- Working knowledge of refinery maintenance, planning, scheduling and execution disciplines.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Minimum of 5 years refining or petrochemical maintenance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Construction management experience.
- Working knowledge of the Refinery CMMS system (IBM Maximo) Planning and Scheduling functionalities.
- 5+ years building and executing schedules using Primavera in a refinery.
- Experience in planning, estimating, scheduling and work package development experience on multiple maintenance turnarounds including high-complexity, multiprocess unit events involving major capital project scope.
- Demonstrated prior related experience is highly desirable, and will be a major factor in the evaluation of candidates.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at <email address removed>.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.