Job Overview: Raises, places and unites girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework, working as member of crew.The role of a Foreman is to assist the General Foreman in providing leadership, direction and supervision of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work in a safe and productive manner. They evaluate, monitor and report on work progression, whilst ensuring that all works are conducted in compliance and in line with man-hour budget.This person is to have a full working knowledge of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes, safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or equipment).Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with basic rigging knowledge for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position.
- Pulls, pushes or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level. Bolts align members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
- Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Plan and coordinate labor requirements.
- Evaluating performance against schedule.
- Closing out Punch list items as allocated.
- Advising General Foreman of any issues, impacts, risks or potential costs (financial or time).
- Maintaining and updating short range look ahead.
- Maintain and monitor company and project specific HSE plans, ensuring awareness and compliance is asserted.
- Monitors and reports on cost and man-hour budgets.
- NCCER or equivalent certification with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 12 months documented field experience at Journeyman 3 level in chosen craft discipline.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- Experience in maintaining short range look ahead plans.
- Experience in monitoring cost and man-hour budgets.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits to standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Basic understanding of IT systems, including: Email, MS Office (Excel), etc.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in adhering to, monitoring and implementing project HSE policies.
- Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks.
Other Details:If applicable to the project, etc.Physical Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)StandingFWalkingOSittingOPushingFPullingFClimbingCBalancingCBendingOStoopingOKneelingOCrouchingOCrawlingOReachingCHandlingCFingeringCFeelingFVisionFHearingFLifting (lbs)Carrying (lbs)0-10F0-10F10-25F10-25F25-50F25-50F
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.