Corrpro Companies, Inc., an Aegion company is looking for an experienced Credit Associate.
Corrpro Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is North America’s largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit <web address removed>
Under the direction of the Credit and Collections Supervisor, the Credit Associate will perform credit and collection activities with the objective of maximizing collections, minimizing DSO, and fostering quality customer service. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Review assigned customer accounts to identify past due items
- Contact the customer to ensure receipt of invoices and inquire on payment status of invoices
- Assist with issues or disputes that may delay payments by working with the customer and the operations group
- Escalate issues when appropriate and by a pre-set timeline
- Review assigned customer accounts for items that need to be cleared from account and take appropriate steps to clear account. These will include tax short payments, overpayments, etc.
- Conduct periodic meetings for the purpose of reviewing AR collections efforts with local operations manager and other personnel, providing updates on the progress of collection efforts, requesting assistance as needed, and escalating issues when appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation of collection activities
- Assist with preparing lien waivers
- Advise designated team member on potential bad debt write offs
- Assist with gathering documentation for quarterly and annual financial audits and for periodic internal audits as requested
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 1-3 years of related commercial credit experience required
- Experience in construction industry and a working knowledge of liens and construction bonds preferred
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Effective and persuasive communicator with excellent communication skills
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills required
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, minimum intermediate level Excel skills
- JDE experience a significant plus
- Able to work individually and in a team environment to meet monthly deadlines and goals
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Paid Time Off, and more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested