McDermott has an immediate opening for a Sr. Offshore Hook-up Engineer in Houston, TX. The Sr. Hook-up Engineer will typically have 6 years of experience with a major contractor with involvement in offshore hook up activities.
- Reviews project scope of work, schedules and specifications. Understands the requirements and deliverable requirements.
- Prepares Hook up task sheets.
- Reviews task sheets as appropriate
- Reviews Hook up schedules.
- Reviews drawings for constructability and identifies any specific issues and coordinates resolution.
- Reviews the material requisitions prior to order.
- Provides field guidance and ensures compliance with Company specification.
- Attends Coordination Meeting.
- Monitors scope changes and inputs to DTCMS
- Reports Hook up progress
- Coordinate materials
- Ensures all engineering deliverables (drawings, materials, and procedures) are available for hook up execution.
- 6 years experience in related offshore engineering fields.
- Must be able to travel to sites as required (Mexico & Trinidad & Tobago)
- Ability to lead detail planning sessions with all levels of the organization.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Understands the full scope of work, contract type and milestone schedules.
- Hook up task list preparation and Review.
- Reviews constructability plans material issues.
- Coordinates material issue, reports hook up progress. Reviews scope changes, additional works or reworks.
- Follows company safety plans and procedures.
- Directs and mentors Junior Engineers
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.