United Pipeline Systems (United), a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is seeking a Vice President & General Manager for its headquarters location in Durango, CO.
United has been a global leader in high-performance thermoplastic internal pipeline lining systems for pipeline integrity since 1995. United provides a variety of high-quality products and services to protect critical pipelines for the oil & gas, industrial, mining and municipal markets. More details, visit <web address removed>
The Vice President & General Manager (VP/GM) position is a key leadership role responsible for the profit and loss of the United Pipeline Systems business. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the business strategy and overseeing the operations and sales organization to meet or exceed annual business plans. The position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Aegion’s Corrosion Protection platform. In addition to a reporting structure that includes functional reports in Human Resources, Finance and Safety, direct operational reports will include General/Operations Managers for the US, Canada and International markets, and the Director of Sales for United.
Success will be measured through a combination of both short and long term profit and loss and other financial performance as well as the attainment of strategic initiatives that are needed to drive the business continued growth. The duties of the VP/GM include:
- Plan and oversee the United businesses market strategies to achieve revenue growth, profit targets and maximize shareholder value.
- Develop business plans for review and approval that align with corporate strategic objectives. Assist in the development of long-range strategic plans for the company as required.
- Identify and drive key customer relationships and lead commercial negotiations where applicable.
- Structure and staff organization to meet commitments in business plan; lead organizational development to create and maintain a high-performance culture; and establish individual performance objectives and mentor direct reports to drive high-impact behaviors and maintain focus on priorities.
- Provide direction and guidance in the creation, enhancement and implementation of business development goals, activities and financial targets.
- Demonstrate team leadership through effective interactions with business unit peers, customers, business development managers, additional organizational support staff and corporate departments
- Review bids and proposals and approve contract prices. Partner with CPP senior management to develop successful bid strategies; generate, implement and monitor consistent estimating processes; optimize pricing criteria; specify subcontractor strategy and respond to competitive analyses timely and effectively.
- Manage business operations to achieve revenue and income objectives. Manage operating and capital budgets to control costs and optimize return on assets. Manage operating cycle to generate cash flow from operations and minimize DSOs.
- Ensure projects are managed to support revenue and profitability plans, and processes are implemented consistently to deliver projects to as-bid gross margins.
- Ensure support functions (estimating, equipment management, procurement, etc.) are fully integrated into the business and support revenue and profitability plans with emphasis on cost leadership, continuous quality improvement and safe operations.
- Meet or exceed annual safety incident rate goals as established by executive management. Maintain an unwavering and exemplary safety culture in all operations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, programs and systems to leverage best practices and drive consistency in operations and measurement of performance.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Finance or Business Management; MBA preferred
- 10+ years proven successful experience in a senior management capacity REQUIRED
- Successful management of progressive and disciplined P&L of at least $50 million REQUIRED
- Proven experience creating excellence through project management culture
- Ability to analyze a business and quickly identify the functions
- Management of operations, supply chain, line, functional and sales staff
- Ability to drive outcomes, react to and examine the financials contributing to the outcomes
- Ability to define strategy and align work processes/systems, talent and culture to successfully drive and execute strategic deliverables
- Experience managing multiple initiatives
- Ability to leverage and work across business platforms
- Intimate knowledge of energy and mining space
- Inherent safety focus; has shown the ability to manage a business unit with a successful safety track record
- Ability to travel frequently as needed, approximately 30%
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested