Job Overview: Performing various tasks and material handling under the direct supervision of an assigned electrician installing the work. Properly mount and install assigned work, supports, conduit, electrical tray, wires, devices and pulling electrical cables under direct supervision of assigned electrician.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Assist electricians by performing various tasks and material handling under the direct supervision of assigned electrician installing the work.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition. Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and regulations as well as NFPA70E
- Assist electricians with properly mounting and installing assigned electrical work, conduit, electrical tray, wires and devices.
- Must be able to work from all type of ladders.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit benders under the direct supervision of assigned electrician.
- Assist electrician pulling wiring through conduit.
- Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 0-6 months of documented field experience in chosen craft discipline.
- May require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to perform some support tasks with close supervision/direction and support.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
Other Details:If applicable to the project, etc.Physical Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
StandingFWalkingOSittingOPushing70 ft-lbPulling70 ft-lbClimbingFBalancingFBendingOStoopingOKneelingOCrouchingOCrawlingOReachingCHandlingCFingeringCFeelingCVisionCHearingCLifting (lbs)Carrying (lbs)0-10F0-10F10-25F10-25F25-50O25-50O
Normal work environment will be shop or field which will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
Communication Skills: Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions from craft supervisors, and respond to questions from managers and fellow workers.Mathematical skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.Physical demands: refer to Physical Demands section/manualOther: Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.