We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, performs all phases of the rigging up and down of Testing and Subsea Testing Tools (TT) service line equipment on work locations for the purpose of maintaining control of wellbore fluids during well testing and/or perforating and providing the customer with essential reservoir information by the use of (but not limited to): Drillstem Testing Tools.
- Regularly works within other Testing and Subsea product service lines on location and in the workshop.
- Routinely works in more than one type of well site (onshore and offshore) and base camp as assigned by Service Coordinator.
- Coordinates and oversees TT service line functions at the well site and field camp.
- Provides the planning necessary for the job including equipment set up, well site direction, and customer-related support activities.
- Responsible for the activities relative to maintaining, setting up, testing, and operating equipment at the customer location and field camp.
- Provides basic customer reports. Mentors and trains lower level Service Operators in areas of expertise.
- May be designated to become an Assessor for junior TT personnel.
- Monitors instruments and performs necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Conducts pre-job toolbox safety meetings, reviews and verifies job plan with customer representative and manages any changes required.
- Checks and verifies equipment as per job plan, completes all job documentation to include: Job Ticket, Job History Report, CV Metrics/KPI, Job Log, Job Summary etc.
- Demonstrates understanding of down hole hydraulics, including basic job calculations, working knowledge of Blow Out Prevention (BOP) function and of basic reservoir i.e., BHP, BHT, hydrocarbon characteristics.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
Requirements: Must have a High School Diploma or GED. (Technical School Diploma or Military Training a plus)
- 4 years of Downhole Testing Tool experience.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the Service Operator II Testing Tools.
- Must be knowledgable in most aspects of (TT) service line in the local area. Must be able to interpret Tool Engineering Drawings.
- Must be able to interpret basic pressure/temperature vs. time plots.
- Must be able to visually identify various tool components and ancillary equipment and assemblies as used in basic Shoot and Pull Jobs by type and size and explain function of each.
- Must be able to pressure test equipment safely.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic rig function including, but not limited to the following: a) Weight Indicator – What is it used for, and how it relates to our work. b) Mud System – Weights of common well fluids – what effect they can have on our equipment. c) Limitations of mud pumps, pressure reading, strokes per/min – bbls/min. d) Basic rig manifold.
- Must be able to explain the local Halliburton Management System (HMS) process for Prepare Resources.
- Must be able to use Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI) System to document problems encountered or ideas for improvement.
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and navigate Halworld is required.
- Work Schedule: 40 hour open schedule for training, then on 24 hour call
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Service Specialist I, Service Specialist II or Service Specialist III – Testing Tools
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3504 West Admiral Doyle Drive, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 74515
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.