At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
The Lead provides over site of crew work execution and schedules as well as ensures that procedures are followed and the safe work standards are understood and practiced. Logically organizes, evaluates, and executes appropriate testing or troubleshooting methodology applying to a large variety of systems with no direct supervision. This includes awareness of the impacts of external conditions and processes on the system in question.
Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs oilfield production rotating equipment i.e. fin fans and other related process equipment. Essential Job Functions: – To maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of industrial Fin Fans (Water Cooling Tower) or air-cooled heat exchanger). This includes belt and gearbox driven rotating equipment. – Occasionally help with other jobs unrelated to Fin Fans (Water Cooling Tower or air-cooled heat exchanger) as required. Including but not limited to Fuel Island, HVAC, Diesel Engine, Air compressors and Turbines Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: – Mechanical skills, including basic knowledge of fin fan cooling tower, air cooled heat exchanger, gearbox, or rotation equipment operation or repair – Possess general knowledge of lubrication principles, coupler and drives, bearings and shafts as well as basic rigging principles – Use precision tools for measurements, installation and alignments of rotating equipment – Ability to use of hand/power tools – Hands on knowledge of rigging and hand signals preferred to move heavy loads – Experience with Alignment tools (Rotalign, Dot-Lign, etc.), preferred – Must be able to work in confined spaces approximately 6 high, which are accesses thru a 22 x 22 hatch opening – Self-motivated, able to work under minimum supervision. – Able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed
• – Ability to complete task hazard awareness and mitigation. – Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients – Adhere to all North Slope and CH2M HILL health, safety and environment policies and procedures at all times. – Basic Knowledge of precision alignment tools – Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge – Basic Knowledge of Fin Fans (Water Cooling Towers & air-cooled heat exchangers) or gearbox & rotating equipment operation and repair Physical Demand/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to: – Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear – Lift 40 lbs. from floor to knuckles with one hand x 2 with a 12 second interval, – Lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval, – Lift 40 lbs. from floor to shoulders x 2 with a 12 second interval, – Lift 40 lbs. from floor to crown x 2 with a 12 second interval, – Carry 40 lbs. with two hands for 40 feet x 6 (Allow a 60 second rest break after each carry), – Push horizontally at waist level 100 lbs. peak isometric force (not sustained) – Pull horizontally at waist level 100 lbs. peak isometric force (not sustained) – Climb stairs, 15 steps x 10 for a total of 150 steps. Self-paced (Allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down every 50 steps), – Stair Climb and Carry: While carrying 40 lbs. in one hand and holding onto a railing with the other hand for safety, climb up and down 15 steps x 5 for a total of 75 steps. Self-paced (Allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down each set of 15 steps) – Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 20 rungs x 3 for a total of 60 rungs. (Allow a 60 second rest period after climbing up and down 30 rungs) – Repetitive Kneeling Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 10 each knee, – Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced, but continuous, – Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 10 – Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 10 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of fin fan, turbine, diesel and HVAC mechanical maintenance
- Five years maintenance mechanic experience in troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repair of fin fans or water-cooling towers or air-cooled heat exchangers or rotating equipment
- Ability to effectively manage and lead maintenance mechanic technicians
- One (1) year of construction or maintenance experience
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Valid Drivers License and ability to be insured by Worley’s auto insurance company
- Experience working on the North Slope of Alaska is preferred
- Experience in the petroleum industry is preferred
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.