Management of all phases of program and project activities that range from small to large in value and a variety of scopes that include engineering, applied science, procurement, construction and /or operations. Directs preparation of work plans, supervises project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on large projects as defined by significant potential risk, complexity, manpower requirements and/or contract value (typically greater than $100 million).
- May have responsibility for multiple projects.
- Establishes and monitors project safety and quality programs.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders.
- Supports business development activities and may serve as a proposal manager.
- In addition to Levels 1 and 2 competencies, provides leadership to Managers within a function or region (Level 2); may also manage first-line supervisors and/or professional staff
- Develops financial and operational objectives within own area. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
- Contributes to functional strategy development. Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
- Applies managerial expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within own area
- Develops relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs
- Anticipates demands to align operational priorities
- Manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met within own area
- Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area
- Develops operational plans to align with business objectives within own area/function
- Influences customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
- Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching. Typically has 3 – 20 years relevant experience.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.