Job Overview: Builds, positions, and dismantles scaffolds and temporary frame shelters according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.
- Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber.
- Saws plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, adjustable wrenches, hand saws and power saws.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications.
- Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- May rig materials.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Craft certification or relevant certification with experience.
- May require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 36 months documented field experience at Helper 3 level in chosen craft discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Can rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Capable of making decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Ability to apply basic mathematics and solve problems.
- Capable of planning work and select proper tools.
- Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
Other Details:If applicable to project, etc.Physical Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)StandingFWalking OSittingOPushing70 ft-lbPulling70 ft-lbClimbingCBalancingCBending CStoopingFKneelingOCrouchingFCrawlingOReachingFHandlingCFingeringCFeeling CVision CHearing CLifting (lbs)Carrying (lbs)0-10 C0-10 C10-25 F10-25 F25-50 O25-50 F
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.