At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process
HSE Technician to support a variety of clients within the Logistics and Infrastructure group in a heavy and light duty equipment shop environment. HSE employee will be responsible for all facets of health, safety, and environmental protection for the work group. The individual will ensure day to day compliance with all regulatory requirements, client, corporate, and internal procedures and policies. HSE Technician is committed to the One-way system of preventing harm to people and assets, and environmental incidents.
All other tasks that are performed by an HSE Technician will be performed in support of this work scope.
• Respond to and investigate shop and field incidents involving spills (e.g. oil, hydraulic fluid etc.), personnel injury/illness, property damage, vehicle incidents or other incidents that may be warranted.
• Occupational injury and illness case management.
• Conduct incident investigations and write clear and concise reports. Work with Operations partners in developing corrective actions using S.M.A.R.T. system.
• Daily maintain a presence in the shop and field, to include attending morning toolbox and weekly safety meetings at various shop locations.
• Identify areas for HSE improvement or mitigations for hazardous conditions found and suggest and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
• Conduct regular safety audits, worksite inspections.
• Communicate and effectively work to resolve HSE issues and or concerns with shop craft, foremen, supervisors, and the Client (Team Leads and HSE staff).
• Build, grow, and maintain a strong HSE team and Operations partner relationships
• Prepare and deliver formal training to audiences of varying sizes on various topics related to occupational safety.
• Assist Industrial Hygiene staff with monitoring employee exposure through industrial hygiene surveys and inspections.
• Communicate with shop personnel in understanding their role and HSE requirements in their workplace to include; work place hazards and risks, how their activities and changes affect HSE outcomes
• Participate and encourage Operations partners to participate in behavior base safety program.
• Review Job Hazard Analysis and Field Level Risk Assessments are accurate and completed.
• Effectively plan, organize, communicate, and monitor progress on tasks and projects as they relate to HSE.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools
• Establish direct working relationships and rapport with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service, including developing and improving customer relationships internally and externally
• Attention to detail and a focus on producing a quality product in a timely manner
• Competent in terms of compliance with federal, state, provincial and client requirements relative to HSE.
• Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information and situations.
• You will need a knowledge of state/federal safety/health/environmental requirements.
• Possess a clear understanding of industrial hygiene practices and procedures to include use of sound level meters, noise dosimeters and air sampling equipment.
• You must have the ability to manage competing demands; accept, and act upon, criticism and constructive feedback; be adaptable and flexible.
• You need excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks within specified time periods.
• You must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, to ensure success in this position.
• You must be able to work in a variety of environments, to include office, repair shops, hot and extreme cold.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear
Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles x 2 with a 12 second interval,
Lift 25 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval,
Carry 40 lbs for 50 feet level surface,
Stair Climb and Carry Test: While carrying 30 lbs with one hand and using the other hand to hold onto a railing for safety, walk up and down 2 flights of stairs, 13 steps per flight for a total of 26 steps. Self-paced. Allow a 60 second rest break and then continue the one-handed carry on a level surface for 150 feet ,
Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 10 rungs x 3 for a total of 30 rungs. (Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 15 rungs.)
Repetitive Kneeling Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee.
Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous.
Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5.
Repetitive Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Worley
- Associate degree in a technical field directly related to the position or a minimum of 4 years progressive experience in health and safety oversight.
- CHST/OHST certification, or the ability to obtain one within six months of hiring.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.