What we do:
Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical
liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our
Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
• Rain for Rent is Liquid Ingenuity
Rain for Rents employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than
65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
As a Strategic Sourcing Leader you will be responsible for forging proactive and progressive partnerships with supplies to identify and maximize cost savings opportunities for both Rain for Rent and our supplier partners. The role, which is both strategic and
tactical, will be integral to Rain for Rents initiatives to take our supply chain function to the next level and better support the continued growth of the business. Duties Include:
• Assisting with selecting and managing suppliers.
• Identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce costs
• Leading cross-functional efforts to transition work from supplier to supplier or from our plant to a supplier
• Analysing , designing, planning, directing and coordinating assigned projects to meet performance targets, project expectations, project timelines and capital spending limits.
• Owning and updating Cost Savings KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
•Bachelors degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school in field of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; minimum 3 years manufacturing or product experience including cost reduction
• Experience with PC based software required
• Experience with implementation of pull-system replenishment systems in supplier/vendor relationships, lean manufacturing
• project management experience required, including demonstrated project management, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Six Sigma. Lean certification and/or CPM a plus.
• International sourcing experience desired
What we offer:
• Advancing your career through company provided training and development
• A competitive base salary and Quarterly Safety Bonus
• Employees also participate in excellent
Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision and a robust 401k plan
When you join the Rain for Rent team, you will have the opportunity to make friends in the course of doing good business and can contribute positively to your community. The choice is easy. Join the Rain for Rent team today.
Rain for Rent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other
statuses protected by law.