We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
As part of the Geophysics group under the Exploration and Reservoir Solutions Technical Business Line this role is responsible for the management of components of the Assisted Seismic Interpretation software product family. Primary responsibility is the life cycle management of assigned products including the successful commercialization of products as well as aiding in the development of new ones. Areas of focus for this role include the use of seismic attributes to aid in seismic interpretation and the latest technologies for automated fault interpretation and extraction.
- In coordination with R&D, prepares the overall business strategy, investment model, vision and scope of the products.
- Assists sales and operations in the rollout, training and success of their products and provides technical content as needed.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, third parties and industry thought leaders.
- Accountable to bring in funded development when appropriate, identify new product and business opportunities and identify industry and competitor changes that may require new strategies or revisions of the business plan.
- Responsible for the packaging, pricing and marketing of said product families.
- Job role has budgetary accountabilities and directly impacts a revenue centers viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
- Participates in industry associations, organizations and consortiums, including attending events and contributing to publications.
- Undergraduate degree in Geophysics or related field of study.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Geophysics and or an MBA is preferred.
- Fundamental understating of Data Science concepts and how they are relevant to seismic processing and interpretation.
- 7+ years of experience in oil and gas.
- Familiar with software development methodologies such as agile/scrum.
- Proficient with seismic interpretation packages such as DecisionSpace Geosciences or equivalent.
- Familiar with modern software commercialization or other business models.
- Familiar with design thinking methodologies or equivalent.
- Familiar with Python, MATLAB, Jupyter Notebooks or other equivalent Data Science tools
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate a problem and translate it into a written report
- Proactively research oriented.
- Strong organization and project management skills. The ability to manage multiple projects, following through from start to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in multicultural environments.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Product Manager up to a Mgr, Sr. Product.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 72234
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.