We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- The integration of software modules (especially 3D visualization) into a common platform for different product workflows for the characterization of complex multi-scale rocks.
- The implementation and verification of methods and algorithms for image processing and segmentation of complex multi-scale rocks.
- The implementation and verification of methods for the visualization of digital rocks as needed by the product workflows.
- Working under broad direction, is recognized as a technical expert.
- Provides direction for the Technical Software Architecture.
- Serves as a corporate resource, providing technical direction and advice to management in long-range planning for new or projected areas of software application.
- Design, research, and develop new applications and major enhancements.
- Provides expert guidance to developers and support staff.
- Provide a strong technical focus in product planning for a complete software system.
- Participates with management, product line, and customers in developing new applications and technologies.
- As a gatekeeper of the technology, this individual communicates and educates the staff about the current state of the technology and the future directions.
- Experience in leading software development projects especially at a systems level and will provide Technical Excellence Leadership.
- Establish and maintain communications with external technology efforts such as industry and academic consortia.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
The Expertise we are looking for:
- Scientific and Application Software Development
- Algorithm Optimization
- 2D/3D Signal/Image Processing and Reconstruction
- Parallel Computing
- Maching Learning
- Computer Languages (if possible all of them): C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Matlab, IDL, and SQL.
- Database (one or more): PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Microsoft Access, and SQLite.
- Tools (importance in decreasing order): VTK, QT, ITK, Boost, MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCV, TFS, and CMAKE.
- Deep knowledge in using object oriented programming language (C++/QT, C#, Java) is required. C++/QT/VTK is preferable because thats the basis of the existing code.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 13 years of related experience or through 17 years of software development experience.
- Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred. Masters in STEM, can be straight from the university if PHD.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will recieve consideration for higherl-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skills, a varitey of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 75350
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: