About this role
We are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a leading global company that provide complete project life cycle services for the energy industry.
They require a Lead Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the execution of the mechanical part of the scope of international olefins, refinery or petrochemical projects. This position has overall accountability to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Project Manager and Project Engineering Management for scope assigned.
- Supervise, manage, direct and lead the mechanical discipline team in the PDP, FEED and detailed design phases of a major EPC projects;
- Interface and coordination with other disciplines;
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data and development of project design basis;
- Ensure conformance to applicable government regulations, engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures;
- Development of specifications and review client specifications procedures;
- Prepare calculations, datasheets and drawings;
- Prepare Inspection Attributes List;
- Prepare Schedule of Required Vendor Documents;
- Prepare technical requirements and requisitions;
- Pro-active review and management of vendor technical submittals;
- Develop project reference manuals;
- Identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations;
- Estimate man-hours, staffing, forecasting, and participating in the development of the project schedule, tracking status, maintaining completion of mechanical deliverables on schedule and change management;
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Provides engineering support by answering technical questions and requests
- Bachelor’s of Science Mechanical Engineering;
- 10+ years total mechanical engineering experience;
- 5 years directly managing/leading the engineers on major projects in either a PMC, home office or expatriate role;
- Professional registration or the ability to obtain registration is required.