Sets up and operates roll forming line to form longitudinal bends, rolls, and profiles. Operates all secondary equipment that is associated with the roll forming process. Operates overhead cranes
Preforms rigging and material handling
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate the roll forming line and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
• Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
• Be able to handle raw material with overhead crane and load roll forming machine with raw material.
• Be able to determine condition of tools (rework and clean when necessary) and verify coolant levels in the equipment.
• Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities and report productivity to the supervisor.
• Keeping work area clean and organized is required.
• Provide a high level of attention to detail and focus on a given task.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Prepare product for shipment.
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 5 years experience as operator and set up operator on roll forming lines is preferred. .
• Knowledge of roll form tooling and maintenance.
• Ability to work with a variety of hand tools including angle grinders, drills and polishers.
• Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
• Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel,
• Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
• Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
• Candidate has to be reliable.
4. ADDITIONAL SKILLS (PREFERRED)
• Roll form tool making and tool maintenance experience is preferred.
• Ability to program industrial robots is preferred.
• Knowledge of lifting techniques.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Ability to lift heavy items.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.