We are looking for a Sr. Principal Procurement Specialist to support the Supply Chain Management (Procurement) function. The ideal candidate will ensure work is being coordinated between the various departments, offices, fabrication and construction to meet project requirements. Maintains and promotes a focus on end product whether procurement, engineering, fabrication or construction related. Ensures effective communications among procurement offices. Ensures effective management of procurement procedures as established in company policies/CMS. Position will be located in the McDermott Tyler, TX office.
- Responsible for all deliverables of the work produced to complete contract terms and conditions which may include a procurement schedule, budget, document controls, reporting, prime contract flow downs, and manpower staffing.
- Oversees systems, equipment and people resources.
- Establishes project procurement procedures to ensure deliverables meet client and established project requirements.
- Identifies problems and coordinates with the project procurement team to correct.
- Proactively manages change.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on end-product whether procurement, engineering, fabrication or construction related.
- Ensures effective communications among project disciplines.
- Ensures effective management of procurement procedures as established in company policies/CMS.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity, reporting, and budget control of the project.
- Reviews work with clients, management and project leads.
- Assumes the leadership position for the procurement functions on the project(s) ensuring compliance with global sourcing and procurement standards
- Develops the appropriate sourcing and commercial strategy in collaboration with the category management team and delivers the Project Procurement Plan for all project materials and equipment as defined by the Prime Contract and in alignment with current policies and procedures.
- Responsible for developing purchasing strategies for proposals and Project Procurement Plans and guiding team to execute such plans.
- Provides timely information to Project Management and/or Manufacturing team, of any supplier or procurement activity that impacts the project either realizing opportunity or indicating a potential risk
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with major equipment suppliers to provide maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, methods, market intelligence, best practices and material application in order to achieve the best value
- Leads the quality review of high dollar or high risk Purchase Orders, Commercial Bid Tabulations, ensuring compliance with the project procurement plan and with the global sourcing and procurement processes and standards
- Identifies resolves or mitigates performance issues relating to supplier performance while ensuring a positive working relationship with key or top suppliers.
- Must be capable of handling a diverse workload and multiple tasks with accuracy under minimal supervision.
- Assist Accounts Payable and other support departments.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 10 years of domestic and/or international experience as a Project Procurement Manager in a global EPC company executing contracts in key industries, such as oil and gas, LNG, petrochemical, chemical, power, nuclear and water with typical procurement experience.
- Familiar with procurement procedures, standards, and codes.
- Highly analytical and capable of mapping processes to determine areas for improvement.
- Must be able to quickly learn complex software and be able to teach others.
- Works well with others and understand the value of teamwork.
- Must be intrinsically motivated to succeed and have high desire for achievement.
- Procurement experience in lump-sum business.
- International experience and cultural sensitivity.
- Clear written and verbal communication and presentation skills in order to flow goals and directives.
- Bachelors Degree (Business or Supply Chain Management preferred).
- Good communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Prefer lump sum turnkey and modular experience.
- Prefer SPM, JDE E1, ERP, Oracle experience.
- Strong proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
Location: Tyler, Tx
McDermott s a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.