McDermott has an immediate opening for a Sr. Cost Controls Specialist with Oil & Gas experience. The Sr. Cost Control Specialist will administer activities associated with contracts for services, purchase of equipment, materials, or products for a project. Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities.
- Prepare Project Forecast monthly;
- Support the Management during the contract changes/claims process
- Monitor, for subcontracts and other significant items, progress and the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals (to have accounts in line with works progress)
- Monitor cost coding system is properly applied and information flow is correct and complete.
- Analyze committed costs and activities to-date, actual vs budget, performance and productivity.
- Prepare Project cash flows.
- Perform cost analysis and advise project leaders on cost over-runs.
- Organize and coordinate the risk assessment/ review meetings.
- Set-up and update periodically the ‘Risk and Opportunity Register’ and the relevant project risk status report.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Constructions Management or related fields.
- 10 years experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Problem-solving Attitude.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to ensure business goals
- High level of coordination skills to gather cost data from project leaders, finance and accounts department Demonstrated effectiveness in prioritizing multiple tasks, monitoring progress, and managing efforts to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.