Brunel has an exciting opportunity for Senior Project Planner with a global leading mining company. This position will be based in New Orleans, LA
About this role
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations;
- Interact with the Project Management team and Corporate team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analysis and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project. Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule;
- Identify, determine and communicate design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, well documented and ensure the change management process is followed and communicate and suggest corrective actions;
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work;
- Mentor and lead other project planner/scheduling members, ensure project planning team is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise;
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule.
- At least Fifteen (15) years experience in project planning/scheduling and capable of demonstrating their expertise knowledge of Primavera;
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of heavy industrial construction;
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions;
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience;
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions;
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations;
- Strong analytical skills.
What we offer
With over 100 offices globally in 42 countries, we at Brunel are proud to offer this exciting career opportunity. Here at Brunel we offer extraordinary earning potential followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel.
Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high risk capital engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages planning team members reporting to the Project Controls Manager. Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project team members. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks