Brunel has a requirement for Project Controls Manager to work for a global leading mining company. This position will be located in Phoenix, AZ
About this role
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigation.
- Interact with the Project Management team and corporate management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigation. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards
- Mentor and lead a large staff of project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise
- Oversees project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process
- Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Primavera Scheduling programs
- Experience with Cost and estimating programs
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with mining construction projects
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
What we offer
With over 100 offices globally in 42 countries, we at Brunel are proud to offer this exciting career opportunity. Here at Brunel we offer extraordinary earning potential followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel.
Manages and oversees project controls functional area for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects from FEED to operations. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages project controls personnel. Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management. Experienced with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.