McDermotts Fabrication Services business unit is currently searching for a Shop Maintenance Worker at its Shreveport, LA location
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, hammers, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Practices safe hoisting and jacking techniques
- Practices safe use and disposal of solvents
- Replaces parts as needed
- Replaces defective engines or subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Welds broken parts and structural members
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Inspect, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- General electrical, mechanical, plumbing knowledge
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.