Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of SJV Mechanical Construction Representative located in Bakersfield, California through May 28, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401484
The San Joaquin Valley (SJV) Business Unit is vital player in Chevron’s Upstream business, delivering over half of Chevron North America Exploration and Production’s (CNAEP) total cash flow in 2018. It is the largest onshore producer in California, producing over 130,000 BOPD from six assets using both steam and waterfloods. SJVBU is a benchmark leader among peers and continues to improve margins through in-field development, optimization, and innovation. For an overview of SJVBU please visit the website: <web address removed>/ and Workplace group: <web address removed>/ <phone number removed> /
The Mechanical Facilities Rep leads the mechanical and civil field construction activities for small and mid-size capital projects to ensure safe and efficient execution. Safety leadership through utilization of pre-job hazard assessments, appropriate construction work plans and driving accountability to execute work within Chevron’s safe work practices and construction standards is essential.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily communication and coordination with project managers, construction business partners, and other key project management resources to ensure strong project results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ yrs experience in construction management processes, including constructability, planning (schedule, resources, cost), standards and specifications, contract management in T&M and Lump Sum strategies, materials management, QA QC processes.
- Ablility to interface with I&E reps as necessary.
- Experience in building effective construction teams and in directing activities of construction contractors including influencing contractor management in safety, quality and productivity.
- Must be able to plan work and track/manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relevant to project functional objectives.
- Experience utilizing project plans and schedules to drive progress.
- Effectively mentor project facility engineers and construction contractors.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels across project team, management and stakeholders. Ability to build team consensus and work collaboratively in multi-discipline diverse environment.
- Fluency in applicable industry codes & standards such as ASME API, and in basic construction management processes such as design and constructability reviews, cost estimate & schedule assurance reviews, development of daily weekly work plans and utilization of project change notice tools are key skills for this discipline.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at <email address removed>.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.