Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting – MCBU – Environmental Air Specialist (PSG 20-22)(FL 3-5) located in Midland, TX Texas / United States through May 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Supports MCBU by providing air subject matter expertise, including compliance and day to day support. Responsibilities include: state and federal regulation applicability determinations; permitting; review of proposed operational changes to ensure compliance; preparation of compliance documents for submittal to regulatory agencies; providing guidance to the facility on how to maintain and document compliance. Participates in implementation of new or modified US Federal, State, Local and/or Tribal environmental regulations. The role requires effective engagement and relationships with all functions.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Air Permitting
- Environmental Air Compliance
- Technical Environmental Air Support including reading and interpreting regulations and calculating air emissions using generally accepted calculation methods and models.
- BS in engineering or HES related discipline or similar required.
- Minimum of three years air experience strongly preferred.
- Technical Skills – Solid technical understanding of environmental regulations related to environmental air, especially in Texas and New Mexico. Colorado a plus. Experience in interpreting and complying with environmental regulations and implementing programs/procedures for sustained compliance. Air permitting and emissions estimations knowledge/experience for emission sources common to the oil and gas industry. Experience as an environmental air consultant a plus. Technical savvy with Microsoft Excel and otherwise desired.
- Organizational Ability- Able to maintain all program documents including permit applications, analytical data, records, and electronic files in good order. Able to provide direction to facilities regarding their implementation and documentation procedures for air programs. Able to manage priorities and meet deadlines related to regulatory requirements.
- Communication Skills- Able to simplify complicated regulatory information so that it is easily understood. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Operational Excellence – Knowledge of and experience implementing programs/processes for OE Environmental Stewardship Expectations.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.