Job Overview: Performs a variety of engineering work pertaining to the initial planning and design phases of projects. Supports procurement and construction phases of projects utilizing engineering knowledge and experience. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Design of various drainage structures including trenches, culverts, manholes, headwalls, sumps, and outfalls.
- Design of site earthworks including rough grades, final grades, slope stabilization, soil remediation, retention structures, and storm protection structures.
- Design of road, haul, and access ways.
- Capable of hydraulic calculations, interpretation of geotechnical data, and able to prepare and check specifications.
- Familiar with SWPPP and other permitting processes.
- Proficient in earthworks software such as Geopak or Inroads and SPR.
- As a lead, responsible for planning, technical execution and progress reporting on assigned projects.
- Alternate duties performed as required.
- Travels to attend meetings, training and site verifications
- Work is performed in office and construction site environments
- BS degree in Civil Engineering / PE registration
- Familiar with design codes such as NFPA, IBC, AASHTO, and ASCE.
- 8-10 years of work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Heavy Industrial/ Oil & Gas type facilities
- Ability to learn and maintain design within our company methods and procedures.
- Strong communication skill and professional ethics to interface with clients and project team.
- Capable to lead a civil project team
- Ability to negotiate civil issues with project engineers, clients, vendors and partners.
- Autocad Knowledge
- Microstation Knowledge
Company Overview:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.#LI-DNI