McDermott’s Engineering andConstruction Division has an opening for Control Systems Technicians to be sitebased at one of our multi-billion-dollar EPC projects here in the U.S. Responsible for the supporting site execution of Pre-commissioning,Commissioning, Start-up and Operations of an LNG facility.
- Support of commissioning and start-up of an assigned scope of work in a McDermott project including specific complex deliverables such as development of a detailed commissioning and startup plan and schedule.
- Assist in preparation of the project execution plans, cost estimates, subcontracts requirements and risk management.
- Support commissioning team in both home office and field, coordinate final handover to client and provides assistance to client operations for the startup and performance testing of facilities.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on McDermotts end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction
- High School Diploma (or equivalent GED)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the commissioning of Instruments and Controls.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Petrochemical Industry with Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, and Start Up of large facilities in an EPC environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience installing, configuring, calibrating Instrument and controls (Pneumatic, Analog, digital etc.) Loop Checking, Experience with DCS, SIS, or PLC
- Technical School, University and/or job related experience preferred with emphasis on home office and field execution experience.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of commissioning
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to engineers and non-engineers
- Experience in home office for systemization, design reviews, procedure and/or manual development
- Standard MS Office software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Good understanding of parallel completions with construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
McDermott is a premier,fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutionsto the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trustedMcDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technologysolutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oiland gas into the products the world needs today.