Job Description – PrincipalPiping Designer
Includes utilization of the designsystem for the production of complex piping design deliverables. Generatesconceptual piping layouts. Maintains plot plans and equipment arrangementforms, develops plot layouts provided from estimated package. Generates PipingBulk Take-Offs for piping materials. Reviews piping design deliverables beforeissuing to Piping Design Lead. Is able to communicate complex technicalsolutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers. Assists withtraining other designers by providing instruction on new technologies and/or aspecialization. Typically assigned functionally as the Piping Design Lead foran assigned project. Maintains and promotes a focus on companys end productwhether engineering, fabrication or construction. Ensures effectivecommunications among other engineering disciplines. Ensures effectivemanagement of change. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, and quantityand budget control.
- Responsible for developing Unit and Offsite design development
- Familiar with latest standards and codes
- Focus on Total Installed Cost incorporating construction execution and concepts, modular designs and maintenance and operational requirements
- Ability to plan and incorporate all underground requirements
- Ability to produce layouts that incorporates safety, maintainability, operability at the lowest TIC
- Develop and incorporate all standard piping designs
- Possess a sound knowledge of all piping materials and specifications
- Possess knowledge of layout and functionality of all equipment in-lint items, including vessel internals and nozzle orientations
- Ability to incorporate Instrument, Electrical, Civil/Structural, Piping flexibility and Pipe supports into a layout.
- High School diploma
- 20 Years of Overall Piping Design experience
- 8 Years in Plant Layout development and familiar with Plot Plan development
- 5 Years of experience using PDS
- College Degree preferred
- 5 to 10 years Refinery experience in units such as Crude, Vacuum, Delayed Coking, Hydro treating, Sulfur Recovery, Sour Water Stripping, Amine Recovery and Utilities and Tankage.
- Minimum of 5 years in Gas Technology, LNG Liquefaction, or LNG Receiving Terminals
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Petrochemical plant design
- AutoCAD and Micro station a plus