We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Logging- While-Drilling (LWD) process, including tool preparations, data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC) and delivery of the services to the customer.
- Serves as the lead engineer on most jobs. Ensures that all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standard possible.
- Ensures that expected and needed data and possible problems are provided to the customer. Provides technical consultation to all of Halliburton’s clients.
- This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system and BHA dynamics.
- Properly tests all tools and equipment before, during and after each job. Identifies and corrects operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Accurately completes all required forms, databases and reports (i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI).
- Ensures BHA’s are assembled as planned, including correct make-up torque, doping and handling. Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey procedures.
- Interfaces with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives as required.
Completion of a HS Diploma or equivalent education required.
Completed bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Degree highly preferred.
Skill acquired through completion of the basic M/LWD training program and 6-12 months of relevant experience.
Must have successfully passed company tests, or met task guideline requirements. Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to required standards.
Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
Requires ability to read and interpret formation well logs and interpret directional survey information and other well site data.
Must possess relevant on and offshore safety certificates.
This is a field position.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Field Engineer I or Field Engineer II – MWD/LWD
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4607 Hwy 90 E, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518, United States
Requisition Number: 73632
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.