Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Petroleum Engineer located in Bakersfield, Ca through May 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Petroleum Engineer (PE) is responsible for maximizing production within a given reservoir area through the prudent management of steam injection, identification of workover opportunities, and optimization of high priority wells. The PE will have responsibility for creating and implementing flow unit level depletion strategies in a steamflood reservoir. Additionally, the PE will analyze surveillance data to provide scoping level development opportunities, and updated reservoir interpretations with the subsurface development team. The PE will also be required to provide input for periodic production predictions, business planning, regulatory requests, and financial look-backs.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supports implementation of standardized tools, facilitates interaction between functional teams as needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Assists in the development of less experienced PEs through appropriate mentorship and informal learning.
- Understanding of petroleum economics, financial look-backs of projects, and of business planning cycles.
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of related experience with a working understanding of reservoir management, including depletion mechanisms, artificial lift, well construction, injection well design, sand control, workover stimulation candidate selection, and performance prediction.
- Ability to interpret subsurface surface surveillance data to assess and revise reservoir depletion strategies.
- Special consideration will be given to individuals with practical experience with Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) techniques or heat management.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.