McDermotts Engineering andConstruction Division has an opening for a Mechanical Commissioning Supervisorto be site based at one of our multi-billion dollar EPC projects here in theU.S. Responsible for the supporting site execution of Pre-commissioning,Commissioning, Start-up and Operations.
- Support of commissioning and start-up of an assigned scope of work in a CB&I project including specific complex deliverables such as development of a detailed commissioning and startup plan and schedule.
- Assist in preparation of the project execution plans, cost estimates, subcontracts requirements and risk management.
- Support commissioning team in both home office and field, coordinate final handover to client and provides assistance to client operations for the startup and performance testing of facilities.
- Assists with training other commissioning specialist by providing instruction on new technologies and/or a specialization.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on CB&Is end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction. Ensures effective communications between engineering, construction and project management.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent GED)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Commissioning.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Petrochemical Industry with Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, and Start Up of large facilities in an EPC environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Technical Certification or Associates level degree
- 8 years experience in the petrochemical, refinery, LNG, or related downstream industries
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of commissioning
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to engineers and non-engineers
- Experience in home office for systemization, design reviews, procedure and/or manual development
- Standard MS Office software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead meetings and presentations
McDermott is apremier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and constructionsolutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers havetrusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technologysolutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oiland gas into the products the world needs today.