McDermott has an immediate opening for a Principal Scheduler with Combined Cycle Power Experience in the Lake Charles, LA area. The Principal Scheduler will a lead advanced planning session with power teams to develop and integrate detailed schedules. Includes schedule development, preparation of reports and schedule analysis. Other duties may be assigned. This position will report to the Area Project Managers planning team.
- Will coordinate with engineering, procurement, subcontracts, construction, and commissioning to develop detailed construction schedules.
- May lead/manage day to day tasks for other Jr. Schedulers.
- Interact with project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop resource loaded detailed schedules and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Develop and update weekly short interval schedule working with superintendents and field engineers.
- Suggest management of risks affecting schedules.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Typically has 15 years experience.
- Ability to lead detail planning sessions with all levels of the organization.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Will lead planning & scheduling teams or projects; shares expertise
- Proven experience planning and scheduling EPC projects in both the home office for engineering and procurement and in the field with construction. Previous experience in a large power/heavy industrial construction project is required. Nuclear experience desired but not required.
- Must be willing to work at the construction site and perform site walk downs as required
- May be required to travel as needed
- Have in depth experience resource loading schedules with man-hours and quantities at various levels of complexity and perform analysis of output.
- Ability to perform drawing take-offs
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions
- Manages own time to meet objectives; forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Motivates other team members; may be team leader.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.