Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Electronic Instrumentation Specialist located in Eunice, NM through May 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will assume the responsibility of maintaining and repairing pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and related equipment.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practices Manual, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
• Perform highly skilled installation, commissioning, inspection, calibration, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical, electronic, instrumentation, and related equipment.
• Calibrate and modify Human Machine Interface, Programmable Logic Controllers, and radio communication systems (SCADA).
• Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure all electronic, instrumentation, and related equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
• Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning, and prioritization.
• Interpret drawings and specifications, and coordinate with engineers to prepare change orders and implement design changes.
• Assure all work performed adheres to Chevrons Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements.
• This position requires driving on a routine basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 6 months current oil and gas or related experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron Way Values.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on work load.
• Must live within 50 miles of the work place or be willing to relocate and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
• Associates of Applied Science or higher degree or Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) in Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Electronics or related technology.
• Minimum of 2 years current instrumentation and control experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries.
• Broad knowledge of electronic, instrumentation and related equipment, including but not limited to: process indicators, electronic process control, SCADA, transmitters, calibration procedures – process and equipment, calculations, technical drawings, loop schematics and control diagrams, and gas monitors, capable of building and troubleshooting PLC logic and control. General familiarity with DCS systems.
• Ability to safely and competently assist field electricians when necessary or in emergency situation with Low/Medium/High voltage switchgear and Motor Control Center (MCC) sections. (i.e. <phone number removed> volt).
• Electrical Journeyman license as required for posting state.
• General understanding of motor controls, transformers, lightning arrestors, grounding, emergency systems, test equipment and procedures, cable terminations, heat trace, and lighting.
• Proficiency in SCADA, PLC’s, Various IO Driver Programs, Structured Query Language.
• Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, and an aptitude for learning new software packages.
• Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.