We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under strict supervision, assists during rigging-up and rigging-down of surface and down hole well logging equipment on work locations for the purpose of recording information about sub-surface geologic formations.
- Assists during the rigging-up and rigging-down of surface and down-hole well logging equipment including electric, nuclear, sonic, other well logging tools, and pressure control equipment.
- Assists during the operation of well logging equipment at job site. Assembles down hole well logging tools (electric, nuclear, sonic, and other well logging tools).
- Assists on Maintains, cleans and performs preventative maintenance on down-hole and surface well logging equipment.
- Assists in the performance of pre and post job vehicle and equipment inspections and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization. Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
Requirements: Must have High School Diploma or GED. (Technical School Diploma or Military Traning a plus)
- 3-6 months of experience as an Operator Assistant-L&P, I or 1 year of related work experience in oil field service (rig operations). Must have 1 (one) year minimum wireline experience.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment is required. Successful completion of Well Control Accreditation Program may be required.
- Successful completion of water survival training may be required. Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Must be knowledgable of basic HMS and HSE standards, and guidelines for PSL personnel. Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines. Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Completes requisite training following I learn Career development system process.
- Work schedule: 15 days on call, 6 days off
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Operator Assistant II, Service Operator I or Service Operator II Logging & Perforating
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
719 Hanger Dr, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 74363
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.