Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, the attorney in this position will be responsible for providing legal advice and transactional support to the firm’s revenue producing functions including product offerings, offer letters, and forms and disclosures. The attorney will also support and provide provide pragmatic legal advice and counsel to internal clients on all matters relating to the firm’s federal and SRO responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- •Drafting, negotiating and closing a high volume and a wide variety of commercial contracts including NDAs, revenue sharing agreements, recordkeeping agreements, offer letters, etc..
- •Effectively and proactively providing sound advice and counsel on SRO and federal securities laws.
- •Ensuring that all contracting and approval processes are adhered to and the firm’s contracting standards are maintained, including but not limiting to those relating to risk allocation
We are seeking a dynamic lawyer with a positive attitude and two to five years of significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. Additionally we require:
- •JD from a nationally accredited law school
- •Admitted to practice law in and in good standing in at least one jurisdiction in the U.S.
- •Experience working for a large law firm or in-house in the financial services industry.
- •Ideally the attorney will be well-versed in FINRA rules and regulations, the Investment Advisers Act and the Securities Act of 1934.
- •Creative thinker with a strong work ethic comfortable working independently with minimal supervision and administrative support.
- •Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- •Excellent written and oral communication skills
- •Ability to interact well with business executives and provide pragmatic advice that balances business needs and legal risk
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.