What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
You will report to a Corporate Vice President in the Law Department and support AMD’s Radeon Graphics business unit as their primary attorney. You will be responsible for providing practical and timely legal services and analysis in the area of commercial transactions. You will have a broad-based, mission critical position working with cross-functional organizations on a worldwide basis. The position will also actively contribute to the AMD’ Legal team in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills, templates and processes and lead and support Legal initiatives and special projects as required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including purchase/sale agreements, sponsorship agreements, inbound/outbound hardware and software licensing agreements, co-marketing contracts, system loan agreements, NDAs, service agreements, statements of work, inbound/outbound IP licensing, and joint development transactions.
- Substantive experience in the semiconductor or hardware technology industries preferred.
- Experience advising on product liability and product warranty issues.
- Extensive knowledge and prior experience providing legal advice on anti-trust, trade compliance, privacy, and FCPA matters.
- Demonstrated ability to train and educate clients on a variety of legal topics via traditional and creative means.
- Ability to make sound and independent judgments, and make recommendations on a wide variety of contract matters to business leaders and executives and to develop and implement process improvements to streamline engagement with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience including engineering, product management, and finance professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively on cross-functional projects and in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize workload and competing priorities and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage outside counsel on a variety of files and matters, and experience negotiating and managing billings with outside counsel.
- Efficient, effective and well organized and enjoys learning about cutting-edge technology.
- Customer service oriented with the ability and willingness to support large numbers of clients regularly across international and multiple time zones and at a fast pace
- A team player with a good sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally as needed.
- Strong academic and professional credentials; admission to Texas/Ontario/California bar as applicable.
Requisition Number: 74364
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Legal
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.