Position Summary Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a patent attorney at the Associate Director level to help in the development, protection, and management of Regeneron’s valuable intellectual property pertaining to bioprocess and manufacturing. The patent attorney will be responsible for patent activities relating to bioprocessing at all stages of the development pipeline including cell line technologies, purification, formulations, and media development. The patent attorney will be required to develop close client relationships with the relevant scientific and business groups and coordinate patent filings, trade secret protection, and administrative patent actions.
The patent attorney will also advise on emerging legal issues, including monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments, and is expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
• Identifying and capturing new inventions relating to bioprocessing;
• Preparing and prosecuting global patent applications relating to all aspects of bioprocessing, including biologic processes, manufacturing, formulation, packaging and delivery;
• Managing outside counsel on various projects as appropriate;
• Conducting patent landscape overviews, freedom-to-operate analyses, validity assessments and patentability assessments in relation to Regeneron pipeline products, and communicating the results and analyses to senior members of the Law Department and other company senior management personnel;
• Managing US and foreign administrative patent actions (e.g., oppositions, third party observations, inter partes reviews, etc.);
• Assisting in litigation activities as needed;
• Supporting due diligence projects, agreements and transactional work, administrative initiatives, and policy questions
• Ph.D. in the life sciences (e.g., molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related disciplines) is required;
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school;
• Admitted to practice before the USPTO and licensed to practice law in at least one state (member of the NY bar or eligible for in-house licensure in NY);
• 4-8 years of experience in a law firm setting (with or without corporate law department experience) preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the biological arts;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities;
• Ability to manage a large and complex docket with minimal supervision;
• Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.