• The purpose of the Regulatory Specialist is to provide the company with guidance to successfully obtain permits and approvals based on industry experience and regulatory knowledge. To properly support this effort, this position is the key interface in developing a business relationship with regulators that is built on trust. The Regulatory Specialist provides the company with assurance that all company requests are completed and followed-up on in a timely manner to avoid downtime. The position supports the Regulatory Affairs group in its purpose to maintain data integrity of regulatory documentation affecting the company.
• Serve as a focal point for Drilling, Production, Facilities Engineering and Exploration departments for activities related to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) rules and regulations.
• Ensure frequent and timely follow up with internal and external parties to assure efficient turnaround of regulatory requests.
• Works closely with stakeholders to prepare regulatory documents and filings to obtain necessary permit and approvals, including, but not limited to:
o Exploration Plans, DOCD’s, APD’s, APM, WAR’s, Surface Safety System modifications, Commingling Applications, Fire Control Plans, Unit Plans, INC responses, etc.
• Maintain situational awareness of company owned pipelines for conformance with applicable regulations.
• Represent client at meetings with regulators and provide guidance to assure preparation of Technical Services staff present at those meetings.
• Provide updates to company personnel on proposed and new regulations.
• Organize and maintain electronic and physical regulatory documentation in company filing systems.
• Provide after-hours regulatory support to Production and Drilling personnel to prevent down-time to Drilling Rigs and Production Platforms.
Interacts with office and field personnel as well as government agency personnel.
• BS degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ regulatory experience in the oil & gas industry with a working knowledge of offshore production and drilling operations – 10 years preferable.
• Thorough knowledge of DOI, BOEM, BSEE rules and regulations governing oil and gas operations and permit requirements; knowledge of COE, USCG and EPA regulations recommended.
• Significant knowledge of BOEM / BSEE Information Systems such as TIMS Web & eWell.
• Excellent computer skills in all MS products
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to provide support to business after-hours as required.
This will be a job predominantly oriented around the gulf of Mexico but may be supporting the North Slope too.
They want someone with drilling and production experience.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent