The Materials Manager directs Materials supervisors, Planners, Buyers, Logistics & warehouse personnel and is responsible for inventory replenishment, movement and control within his/her region of responsibility. He/she is responsible for overseeing all the warehousing activities. He/she is responsible of developing strategies and forecasts to improve efficiency and achieve the dual goals of meeting targeted operational service levels while keeping optimized inventory level.
Citizenship: US Citizen (Facility supports ITAR and Government programs)
Education: Bachelor or Master Degree in related fields of Supply Chain
Experience: Minimum five years of experience in Materials Management or Procurement, with experience in Project Management
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including:
- High collaboration with others
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be analytical, structured, able to influence change
- Commitment to continuous improvement and comfortable performing in an evolving work environment
- Strong understanding of material management and/or procurement
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of all Procurement systems, ERPs and Logistics systems in place.
- Comprehensive understanding of replenishment netting and Procurement processes.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- SAP Experience
- Expert level MS Access and Excel experience
- Experience forecasting products that do not follow normal patterns
- APICS certification a plus