At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Production engineering role responsible for the creation of engineering calculations and drawings in the downstream refinery / petrochemical market. Researches, develops, and designs a variety of civil and/or structural components and systems for industrial purposes. Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering. Works under minimal supervision, and work is reviewed for adequacy upon completion. May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel. Responsible for technical quality of final deliverables.
• Knows how to perform engineering analyses and develop deliverables within discipline
• Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of design features within discipline
- Knows how to manage technical discussion with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators) to facilitate appropriate technical decisions
- Reviews all discipline related technical documentation for the project
- Prepares and implements engineering discipline work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget; and performance accordingly
- Identifies need for review assistance from engineering and specialists
- Identifies and implements design issues related to constructability
- Manages and participates in conflict resolution in field and at suppliers
- Manages informal studies and technical briefing with customer, suppliers and other departments and disciplines
- Identifies lessons learned for future reference; and draws from previous lessons learned data base for project deliverables
- Prepares and reviews design guides and standards and coordinates such activities with engineering
• Recognized Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering from an accredited college or University required
- 5 years of experience designing onshore/downstream production facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Experience in overall project execution, including engineering, procurement, and project management required
- Knowledge of California Codes
- Functional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Competent knowledge of STAAD Pro and MathCAD required
- Experience with SmartPlant Review, SP3D, CadWorx, AutoCAD, and MicroStation desirable
- P.E. License preferred, or ability to obtain within 1 year
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.