Position Summary Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Assistant General Counsel, to join the Commercial and Regulatory Law Group. This newly created position will report to the Vice President of the Commercial and Regulatory Law team and provide counseling on a broad range of market access issues related to biopharmaceuticals, including pricing and reimbursement, patient support programs, and trade and payor relationships and contracting. The ideal candidate will have extensive market access experience as well as strong communication skills, be proactive, be able to work independently, and manage multiple projects and clients. The position will directly interact with clients and departments across Regeneron and candidate must have proven experience in working collaboratively.
• Provide comprehensive and strategic legal support to the company’s commercial organization, including market access, on healthcare laws and compliant industry practices as they apply to biopharmaceutical market access interests, such as:
o Product pricing and government price reporting
o Arrangements with distributors, pharmacies, GPOs and payors
o Patient support programs
o Coverage and reimbursement, in particular under Medicare
• Counsel on a broad range of market access and healthcare coverage and reimbursement issues, including:
o Government price reporting
o Payor contracting
o Distribution and other trade arrangements
o Patient support programs, including vendor contracting, policy development and SOP reviews
o Privacy counseling related to patient support programs
o Day-to-day counseling market access clients, including review of training materials, statements of work and other contracts
• Assist with a broad range of other healthcare regulatory matters including advertising and promotion, policy development, funding requests, legal counsel to compliance, privacy, policy development, and client and vendor training.
Experience and Required Skills
• JD with 12+ years relevant legal experience
• Licensed to practice law in New York or eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
• Prior in-house healthcare/pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience strongly preferred.
• Significant knowledge of life sciences compliance trends, the FDCA, the false claims act, and fraud and abuse laws.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Extensive experience counseling on market access matters.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including drafting skills, and presentation capabilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work in highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with the client organizations.
• History of self-motivation, working independently on projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, and juggling multiple matters.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.