Job Description Summary
This position helps provide complex legal services as part of the Privacy & Digital Legal Team for Transamerica. This position requires strong technology and service delivery contract drafting skills, with particular emphasis on privacy and information security related contract provisions. Familiarity with issues associated with the delivery of regulated financial services via websites, mobile applications, and other similar matters preferred. This person may participate in committees or advise on business decisions.
- Negotiates large volume of privacy and information security provisions of third party agreements.
- Assist with compliance programs regarding applicable privacy, information security and data use laws.
- Helps direct external legal resources and project teams.
- Investigates facts and handles internal situations requiring legal analysis.
- Prepares or advises on legal documents or briefs such as: leases, licenses, purchase or sales agreements, employment contracts, litigation pleadings, insurance contracts or other company legal documents.
- Reviews and analyzes pending or existing legislation affecting the company and advises departments concerned.
- Prepares corporate documents and forms.
- Guards against legal risks involving the company.
- Problems involved are relatively complex and facts that are occasionally in question for which legal judgment and experience is required.
- Retains and directs outside counsel independently.
- Plans, conducts and supervises legal assignments necessitating ability to evaluate matters which may have a major bearing on the conduct of the company’s business.
- May participate in major and unique company litigation.
- Participates in the development and interpretation of departmental policies.
- May work closely with management advising on legal issues concerning products and services.
JD degree required. State bar admission. Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
Frequent demand to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines. Ability to provide quality legal services based on experience in a timely manner.
Normal office environment. Travel may be required.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally – and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: applicantsupporttransamerica.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (“AODA”). Please contact applicantsupporttransamerica.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email applicantsupporttransamerica.com.