As a member of Regeneron’s Law Department Transactions Law Group (Contracts, this attorney will provide support to Global Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial contracting teams. The attorney will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide array of contracts and for providing those teams with related advice and counsel. The ideal candidate will have excellent drafting and negotiation skills and relevant experience with general business transactions and in effectively and collaboratively counseling clients. This role will report to the Associate Director, Corporate Transactions of the Contracts Group and will work closely with other attorneys, senior contracts managers, contract specialists within the group.
Draft and negotiate a range of contracts on a wide variety of matters mainly including clinical trial, CDAs, Healthcare Professional (HCP), licensing, consulting, material transfer agreements, registry and outcomes study agreements, master agreements, agreements with academic institutions and services agreements.
• Proactively follow up with clients, attorneys and external parties from the time the contracting request is received through resolution/execution to ensure shortest cycle times
• Prioritize and follow through on a high volume of client requests
• Under the supervision of the hiring manager, resolve client requests in a professional and timely manner, escalating as necessary
• Assist in maintaining the company’s contracts management system and contracts policy and advising clients in its use
• Strong knowledge of contracts and related law
• Preferred experience working in/with biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Preferred experience with contracts involving intellectual property
• High level of business acumen
• Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple matters
• Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with client organizations and protecting Regeneron’s interests
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• 2- 3 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, biotech/pharmaceutical and/or health care experience preferred
• JD with excellent law school credentials
• Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.