Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 250 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world’s leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Fixed Equipment Reliability Inspector located in Belle Chasse, LA through June 11th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Key role responsibilities:
- Perform internal and external inspections to ensure mechanical integrity of tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, etc.
- Gathers data by performing visual and occasionally ultrasonic inspections, uses data to generate reports of inspection findings with work recommendations.
- Additional job duties include entering data into Condition Monitoring software (Meridium) and keeping equipment inspection records up to date (updating Meridium Inspection Records).
- Candidate will be required to occasionally perform field NDE inspections.
- Seven or more years of petrochemical plant experience.
- API 510 and 570 certified.
- Candidate will be required to successfully obtain API 653 certification.
- External candidate will be required to certify to Chevron guidelines for UT, MT, VT, PT, MFE and RT (film interpretation).
- Good Knowledge of Fixed Equipment Codes and Standards (ASME, API, NACE, etc.).
- Good Knowledge of Welding and Welding Documentation Requirements (Procedure Qualification, PQRs; Welding Procedures, WPSs and Welder Qualifications WQRs); Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification a plus.
- Good Knowledge of operating/design conditions, repair methods and troubleshooting of heat exchangers, pressure vessels, reactors, aboveground storage tanks and piping circuits.
- Knowledge and Practice of Good Safety Habits.
- Knowledge and Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge and Use of SAP or equivalent.
- Knowledge and Use of Meridium or equivalent.
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Job requires work (at times) in confined spaces and at elevation. Job requires individual to be on a rotating on call schedule.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.