The Specialist, Legal Counsel V will advise the Federal LLC and be the subject-matter expert for HP Inc.’s federal business. In this capacity, you will provide legal counsel and support to the business and advise on bid protests and business strategy, and collaborate with the Senior Counsel who advises State, Local, and Education customer segment. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and experienced government contracts attorney to hone and expand their skills working with a highly experienced and talented team. The position is an individual contributor role and will report to the Director and Managing Counsel of the North American Sales and U.S. Public Sector legal team.
In this role, you will:
- advise as a point of escalation on procurement regulations and HP policies and contract positions;
- provide direction and advice as subject-matter expert to legal professionals within the Federal Contracts team;
- provide legal advice to the HP Federal LLC and federal sales team;
- resolve bid protests, complex legal escalations, and advise on contract disputes;
- drive compliance for GLA and rest of HP organization who undertake public sector compliance-related responsibilities and undertake related compliance tasks; and
- support GLA’s commitment to continuous improvement by identifying and leading solutions with GLA and internal clients to improve quality.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Juris Doctor from a top tier, nationally recognized law school plus an active bar membership from any of the fifty states or the District of Columbia;
- 10 – 15 years of relevant legal experience (from a combination of law firm, government, and/or in-house experience) in the area of federal government contracts, federal public sector compliance, and government procurement law,
- experience advising on administration of a limited-liability company a plus;
- experience representing a major IT company on federal government contracts matters a plus;
- exhibits leadership attributes important to HP and GLA:
- acts with highest levels of integrity and transparency
- listens and communicates within all levels and groups in the company
- builds trust and collaboration within formal and ad hoc teams
- takes ownership and initiative to simplify and improve work
- translates legal risk into pragmatic business choices
- enjoys a creative approach to problem-solving
- prioritizes and manages ever-changing portfolio of multiple projects
- thrives in change
- adopts a growth mindset approach
the ability to travel as needed
ABOUT HP INC AND GLOBAL LEGAL AFFAIRS
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. We believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to produce technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere – every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us – inspires us – to do what we do. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. To set the standards as a socially and environmentally responsible company. While HP’s roots started in Silicon Valley, today we have a broad reach that spans around the globe. If you have a passion for customers, a desire to win and innovation in your DNA, you may be a great fit for our team. More information about HP Inc. is available at http: www.hp.com.
The Global Legal Affairs team is responsible for all of HP’s legal matters, including government relations, brand security, intellectual property, ethics and compliance and legal counsel representation in every region. We are a mix of attorneys and non-attorneys. We value teamwork, engagement, honesty, forward thinking and open communication. We are proud of the culture we have created. By bringing together varied perspectives, we challenge each other and development new and creative solutions. We want to find, grow and keep the very best employees in industry by valuing differences, offering amazing careers and having fun.